I recieved this info in an unsolicited email. I don't know how far it is true, but the fact is we do drink soft drinks from the can without eve wiping them clean. The email I mentioned reads as follows:
This incident happened recently in North Texas .
A woman went boating one Sunday taking with her some cans of coke which she put into the refrigerator of the boat. On Monday she was taken to the hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit. She died on Wednesday.
The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis. This was traced to the can of coke she drank from, not using a glass. Tests showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis.
Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances. It is highly recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part of soda cans before drinking out of them. The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.
A study at NYCU showed that the tops of soda cans are more contaminated than public toilets (i.e).. full of germs and bacteria. So wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of fatal accident.
A rule of thumb by retriever tarnier Mike Lardy is to wait until water temps are at least 60 degrees before putting a pup in the water . We want them to enjoy water so cold water introductions may be an unpleasant experience. I recommend introducing pups in a slow flowing creek or a pond that has a gradual depth change so pup doesn't get in and immediately have his feet go out from under him. By getting in the water with the pup, we can instill confidence and aid the pup in a short swim(1-2 strokes to the shore).
I haven't heard of that, but I'd love to read about it if you could supply a link.ADD:Thanks for podiirvng the link. I have heard of Lepto, but is not apparent in my area. However, my dogs are vaccinated against it. Dogs are usually vaccinated with DHLPP which includes the Lepto vaccine.DHLPPDistemper, Hepatitis (CAV-2), Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus (combined canine vaccine)You should talk with a vet to ease your concerns.i'M AN OLD SURVIVOR!
No tute? These are so awesome!!! P.S. when my phoots do that, I go back to where they are stored on my computer, hit rotate one time, save it, then rotate it back to the original and save again. I don't know why but this works for me.....
RAt dropping and urine is very dangerous indeed. It causes an infection and complcation, that IS fatal if its not detected in time and treated with a particular antidote. I know this as a fact because I lost a dear close friends son to this desease. The second son was infected too, and luckily saved in time as they had identified the symptoms in time. So this is not a matter of simple hygine, but of life and death itself
I think it is such exposure to unhygienic eating and drinking that we develop immunity against common deseases which we may otherwise give in to during our normal course of the day. Just see the conditions under which people live in the villages of poorer countries. They dont suffer from so many deseses