Restaurants on this site are categorized on the basis of the following criteria:
- More Cities will be added in due course of time
- Restaurants which exclusively serve Vegetarian Food.
- Most of the Vegetarian restaurants do not serve alcoholic beverages
- Some vegetarian restaurants offer bundled meals called “Thali” (meaning Plate)which includes a variety of curries, plain rice, fried rice, Indian breads etc.
- Most Non-Vegetarian restaurants also serve Vegetarian dishes
- Majority of the Non-Vegetarian restaurant serve alcoholic beverages also
- They may not carry full range of liquors, particularly cocktails
- Some Non-Vegetarian restaurants have a full fledged bar attached
- Non-Vegetarian generally is limited to Lamb Meat, Chicken and Fish
- Some restaurants include Beef, Pork, Turkey, Crabs and other rare meats in their menu
- Some restaurants are dedicated to particular cuisines.
- Most popular are North Indian, South Indian, Chinese and Continental
- Many restaurants claim to serve Multi-Cuisine Food
- This for restaurant is the Average Cost per Dinner for two people
- This figure does not include alcoholic beverages, taxes and tips
- It is advisable to budget about 50% more than what is mentioned
- Average tips in India is 10% of the bill
- This is the Area of the city in which the restaurant is located
- Central City or Cant indicate the central business districts of the city
- North, South, East, West indicate extensions or suburbs
- Maps for each city are being added in the near future
- Ratings are based on customer response
- Absence of rating does not necessarily indicate the grade of the restaurant
- Ratings are done on Food, Service, Ambiance and Over All Satisfaction
- Ratings are open to any one visiting the site
- This generally refers to Bar, Bakery, Pastry Shop, Chats, Ice Creams and Fast Food etc.
Some overlaps are unavoidable in the categories. For example, a bar may also serve food and a restaurant may also serve liquors. An Ice Cream parlor may also sell snacks and vice versa.