The Abs Diet is a nutritional diet created by Men's Health Magazine editor David Zinczenko.
The diet emphasizes the so-called "Twelve Power Foods".
Twelve power foods
- Almonds and other nuts
- Beans and legumes
- Spinach and other green veggies
- Dairy (fat-free/low-fat)
- Instant oatmeal (no sugar added)
- Turkey/lean meat (steak, chicken and fish)
- Peanut butter (all-natural, and limit to 3 tablespoons per day max)
- Olive oil
- Whole grain bread/cereal
- Extra protein (whey) powder
- Raspberries and other berries